I am Michelle Blandon
I teach Middle School Social Studies
I am from Miami, Florida
I've been working at OLOL since August 2017
My teacher gave me the best gift of all: Believing in Me!
My favorite color is blue, and my favorite movie is Peter Pan.
I love to exercise, and I love to travel.
I decided to become a teacher when I worked at an afterschool program as a tutor while I was in high school. I enjoyed helping students with their assignments. I was inspired when the student I was helping understood the concept I was explaining.
I used to work in a bank while studying to be a teacher.
I oversee the Geography Bee at OLOL. I also help prepare my students for the Academic Olympics for the subject of Social Studies.
I encourage my students to always try your best, be studious, never give up on your goals, be true to yourself and be happy! And always believe in yourself and be kind.
I encourage my students to always try your best, be tudious, never give up on your goals, be true to yourself and be happy! And always believe in yourself and be kind.
Outside of Jaguars
I am married and have 2 sons Anthony and Adrian. They attend OLOL. My son Anthony plays baseball. I enjoy seeing him play at his games. My son Adrian does Karate. I also enjoy seeing him practice Karate! I love to travel with my family. We love being active and having fun!
I have two sisters that also teach at OLOL.
I love to exercise, read a good book and I love to craft.
- I love having my students make dioramas in class, especially when they make one of King Tut! Their creativity comes through in these projects and I love it.
- One of my best memories is receiving notes from my students during Teacher appreciation week letting me how I made a difference in their life!
- One of the funniest moments in OLOL was when my 8th grade homeroom class of 2019 filled my classroom with streamers and decorations while I went to the office! I returned to my classroom, and they were all hiding, yelling “Surprise” when I entered the room! They were celebrating the end of our successful year!
- I am inspired when I see my 8th grade students walk up and receive their diplomas.
- I miss my students when they leave for high school.
- My favorite event at OLOL is Middle School Spirit/Field Day