A Typical Preschool Day
While we do provide a structured and consistent learning schedule, we also remain flexible enough to allow for spontaneous learning moments. As events in our day unfold naturally, we shift focus to include them in our curriculum.
The following is an outline of a typical preschool day with a full time teacher and full time class assistant:
- Convenient, safe drop-off (7:00 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.).
- School begins with the morning announcements (Star Spangled Banner, Morning prayer, Pledge of Allegiance, Recitement of OLOL Mission Statement and school announcements such as birthdays and activities.).
- Circle time, alphabet, numbers, weather, calendar, show-and-tell, music and dance, arts and crafts, sharing time.
- Outdoor/gross motor activity.
- Nutritious snacks with story time.
- Learning centers (these continually change and evolve to coincide with developmental stages).
- Lunch Time in the classroom.
- Indoor Activity.
- School day ends with afternoon prayer and announcements.
- Convenient, safe pick-up (2:45 p.m. -3:00 p.m.).